Salvatore G. Gangemi Partner
email@example.com Download VCard
Phone: (212) 425-0630
Phone: (914) 725-5800
Phone: (203) 653-5436
Fax: (860) 240-5936
10 Bank St, #650
White Plains, New York 10606
177 Broad St
Stamford, Connecticut 06901
Salvatore G. Gangemi practices in the area of employment law and litigation. He has devoted his entire career to the area of employment law, and has successfully represented clients in employment discrimination, harassment, wage and hour, and compensation cases and matters. He argued the case of Pachter v. Bernard Hodes Group, Inc., before the New York State Court of Appeals, New York's highest court. His advocacy succeeded in the New York Court of Appeals recognizing that all employees, including highly compensated individuals, are protected by New York's unlawful wage deduction statute.
Mr. Gangemi litigates cases before federal, state, and arbitral forums. In addition, he is a sought-after speaker who frequently lectures on employment law matters, and at continuing legal education seminars. He has written extensively on employment law issues as well as other legal issues affecting individuals and businesses.
Salvatore G. Gangemi was recently selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 in the practice areas of Employment Law - Individuals; Employment Law - Management; and Litigation - Labor and Employment. Previously he was selected for inclusion in the The Best Lawyers in America® from 2011 to 2014.
Mr. Gangemi was named by Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top attorneys in New York State from 2009 to 2015. Only five percent of the lawyers in the state are named by Super Lawyers.
Since 2010, Mr. Gangemi has served on the Board of Advisors of the St. John's School of Law, Labor and Employment Law Center. Since 2009, he has served on the Executive Board of the National Employment Lawyers Association - New York. In addition, in 2008, he was Chair of the Employment Law Committee of the Trial Lawyers Section of the New York State Bar Association.
J.D., St. John's University School of Law, 1993
Member, St. John's Law Review
Executive Articles Editor, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review
Honors: Dean's List
B.A., cum laude, St. John's University, 1990
Bar Admissions New York, 1994
U.S. District Court: Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1994
United States Supreme Court, 1999
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2006
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1995
U.S. District Court: District of Connecticut, 2017
Professional Association Memberships
National Employment Lawyers' Association—New York
Executive Board Member, 2009-2014
St. John's School of Law, Labor and Employment Law Center
Member of Board of Advisors, 2010-
St. John's University School of Law Alumni Board
Board of Directors, 2011-
New York State Bar Association
Chair, Employment Law Committee of the Trial Lawyers Section, 2009
New York State Bar Association
Labor and Employment Section
American Association for Justice
Employment Rights Section
National Employment Lawyers' Association
New York County Lawyers' Association
Labor and Employment
Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Gangemi, Mango & Iacoviello, LLP
1996 to 2005
Vedder Price P.C.
Mr. Gangemi maintains an active blog on employment law in New York State and New York City, and has authored several articles and chapters on employment law issues as well as other matters:
- Salvatore G. Gangemi, The Politics of Disgust, Trial Magazine, Jan. 2011, at 57 (reviewing Martha C. Nussbaum, From Disgust to Humanity, Sexual Orientation and Constitutional Law (2010)).
- Family and Medical Leave Act in New York (co-author) (Lorman Publications, 2005 and 2006).
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Single Asset Real Estate Bankruptcies, ABA Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law (Chapter 9) (1997).
- The Borderline Employee: Salvage or Fire (Personnel Law Update, 1995) (Council on Education in Management).
- Litigation of Damages in Employment Discrimination Cases (co-author) (Practising Law Institute, 1995).
- Overtime Compensation For Paralegals, (co-author) (Law Office Employment Bulletin, Leader Publications, 1994).
- Effective Health Plan Design & Administration, Chapter 5: Retiree Health Care, (Federal Publications Inc., 1994).
- Note, The New Value Exception: Square Peg in a Round Hole, 1 AM. BANKR. INST. L. REV. 173 (Spring 1993).
- Survey of New York Practice, 66 ST. JOHN’S LAW REV. 1233 (Fall-Winter 1993).
In addition, Mr. Gangemi has written newspaper articles on various legal issues.